Monday, July 9, 2012

Camera Update...

Thanks to everybody that provided me with advice on cameras after I asked a few weeks ago. Since then I have made my decision and purchased a camera...

 

I bought a Canon EOS 550D (which I believe is called the Rebel T2i in some other parts of the world). I was originally planning to get a lower model, the 1100D, but the store I was at didn't have it in stock and gave me a really good deal on getting this slightly better one instead.


I'm very much still learning how to use it but very excited about it. I bought it with the standard "kit lens" (18-55mm), and also a fixed 50mm f1.8 lens that three completely separate people suggested as a good first extra lens to try.

The camera has been taken with me on my holiday, so I'm hoping to take some good shots with it while I'm gone. If you know of any good resources for learning how to use DSLRs (blog posts, blogs, websites etc) please leave a comment, as so far the only resource I have is the instruction manual (which I do intend on reading).

1 comment:

  1. try http://digital-photography-school.com/ which has a huge range of tutorials and other information, my son and husband both refer to it a lot to learn more about controlling the DSLRs. BTW - it was started by an Australian as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...